Brett and Sean discuss playing an rpg, but not necessarily playing by the rules-as-written? Huh, what? Then why play that game?
Episode 13 Show Outline
Greyedout Productions – Dice bags. Promo code: GamingandBS gets you 10% off. http://greyedout.etsy.com
Topics of Discussion
It’s not what system you choose, it’s how you use it that matters. Brett and I talk about playing roleplaying games but not adhering to the rules as written. If a system forces us one way, it won’t work for us. Sean’s argument would be, “then why play that game with those rules?”
Die Roll – 2-4 misc points we want to bring up at end of cast. Should be short and sweet, could be a plug, something to check out, etc. Limited time to spout off.
- Saw the SW trailer. I was… unmoved. <sean> did you see the real one or a spoof? (Wes Anderson or Lucas version – many tie fighters)
- EverCon Olde School Challenge and D&D with a live audience (http://evercon.org/events/rpg/)
- Custom Star Wars miniatures table w/LED! http://www.starwars.com/news/fully-operational-fandom-incredible-custom-x-wing-miniatures-gaming-table
- 3d print your own working Stargate – rotates and has LEDs http://io9.com/3d-print-your-very-own-working-stargate-1666385136
- Terminator Genisys – Summer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62E4FJTwSuc
- Asteroid Day campaign launched Dec 3rd. Wants to mark June 30, 2015 as Asteroid Day. THat day would be the 107th anniversary of the Tunguska Event. On June 30, 1908, a near-Earth object (NEO) thought to be about 130 feet (40 meters) wide exploded above the Podkamennaya Tunguska River in Siberia, destroying 800 square miles (2,072 square kilometers) of forest. “If that event had taken place 6 1/2 hours later, Berlin would have rotated into the object’s path, and that would have utterly changed the course of human civilization,” said Bill Nye, former TV “Science Guy” and CEO of the nonprofit Planetary Society, who joined today’s news conference via videoconference from New York. http://www.space.com/27921-asteroid-day-dangerous-near-earth-objects.html