How much does loot matter in the games we like to play? Do we like finding gear and goodies? Why or why not? You will want stick around until the end when Sean poses an encounter to Brett to see how he would handle it.
We have Alex Kammer, Director of Gamehole Con, come on so we can ask him about the kids track that they have in place for this year’s event.
Playing an rpg that takes place in the modern world but with no spin on it like horror, sci-fi, monsters, etc.
Episode 49 Show Agenda
Episode 49 – Modern Settings
Sponsored by DarkTheatre.net
Episode 50 is next!
Random Encounter – emails, voice mails, social media from listeners
Kristian Serrano on G+ re: Ep 48 Realism
Duane Panilla G+ on Ep 48 Realism
Jeff Rademaker on G+ Realism
Austin on G+
Moe Tousignant G+ Ecology
Carl Pinder G+ Ep 45 Travel & 46 Money
Greyedout Productions. Buy a dicebag and use promo code GAMINGANDBS to receive 10% off your order.
Topic of Discussion
In Ep 33 we talked about Espionage RPGS, but this time we want to broaden that a bit and talk about:
Modern Settings – Challenges and Thoughts
- Challenges – play an rpg to escape, modern games don’t facilitate that.
- Types – espionage, real-life (think TV show Lost), post apocalyptic, conspiracy
Die Roll – 2-4 miscellaneous points of gaming or geekery we want to share with you.
- MM Ep 168 – Latency – looking forward to their “how to GM past/through/around latency” discussion http://misdirectedmark.com/mmp168-latency/
- Drivethrurpg data breach – http://support.drivethrurpg.com/entries/69850204-Credit-Card-Data-Breach-Q-A
- 13 Soldier kits – https://plus.google.com/118197989901516269417/posts/4DDhWncTwFH
- Viewscream 2nd Edition Kickstarter – unique because it’s a LARP using a platform like Google Hangouts. Three to five players assume the roles of desperate people trapped in a world of high-tech horror: crew members going insane aboard a damaged starship; scientists in research labs, hunted by their own creations; or futuristic data-thieves on the run from soulless security drones. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rafaelchandler/viewscream-2nd-edition
- Do you have an idea for a Torchbearer adventure? Want us to publish it? http://www.torchbearerrpg.com/?p=323
- The rise of live action role-playing makes front of BBC News-Magazine page of website http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-23877430
- 21 Amazing Forgotten Curse Words We Need To Bring Back http://matadornetwork.com/life/21-amazing-forgotten-curse-words-need-bring-back/ saw on Matt Jackson’s G+ stream. Great for incorporating them into your rpg! …