Sometimes we need to take a break from gaming and the reasons may vary. It could be GM burn-out or a player that just isn’t into the game. We also talk about Brett’s 10 person gaming group and how a smaller, more intimate, group can be more beneficial. There’s also different ways to handle rpg group size.
Episode 25 Show Agenda
Intro including music – DarkTheatre.net Home of the Character Folio
Now on Youtubes! https://www.youtube.com/gamingbs
Thank you to Phil and Chris for the shout out in episode 144 of Misdirected Mark podcast. They mention the cold and how people in Wisconsin are probably running around in t-shirts. We don’t know what they’re talking about, scroll down to see how Sean & Brett show their appreciation.
Greyed Out Dice Bags Ad
Visit http://greyedout.etsy.com and get yourself a dice bag. Use promo code: GamingandBS to get 10% off your order!
Topics of Discussion
Taking a Break
- As a GM do you ever take breaks between running games?
- As a player to you ever take breaks between gaming?
Size of Your Group – What’s the “sweet spot” for # of players?
- GM perspective
- Player perspective
- Regular campaigns vs one-shots or Con games
- Ever Co-GM a game?
Die Roll – 2-4 misc points of gaming and geekery.
- OOP Goodies – Found Lure of the Liche Lord for Warhammer RPG (2nd ed)
- Spock passed – I feel for those who are connected in the Nerd-sphere
- Looking forward to some RPG time on the other side of the screen
- Congrats to all Golden Geek award winners and nominations http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1326066/2014-golden-geek-awards-winners
- Kingsman: The Secret Service http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802144/
- The Man from UNCLE http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1638355/