Why do gamers keep buying new RPG’s? Sean thinks its the pursuit of the perfect RPG rule system. We talk about it and a GaryCon wrap up.
Episode 29 Show Agenda
Sponsored by DarkTheatre.net
No Gen Con for Brett this year 🙁
Random Encounter – emails, voice mails, social media from listeners
- Erik Frankhouse better explains his PC background tool on our website (check ep 28 comments)
- Sean’s Gary Con After Action Report
Greyedout Productions. Buy a dicebag and use promo code GAMINGANDBS to receive 10% off your order.
Topic of Discussion
How much analysis of your current game system(s) do you do, and what are you looking for?
- Analysis of current games
- “feel” / “fun level”
- core activity
- What the hell are we looking for in “the next best thing?”
- Light or Crunchy
- Speed of play
- Dedication to a specific “core activity”
Die Roll – 2-4 miscellaneous points of gaming or geekery we want to share with you.
- Mice and Mystics board game (http://www.amazon.com/Mice-and-Mystics-Board-Game/dp/B009TNOF9G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427340846&sr=8-1&keywords=mice+and+mystics)
- Odyssey Con in Madison, 4/10 – 4/12 (http://www.odysseycon.org/)
- Had to throw John Harper some cash – I’m in on the Blades in the Dark KS (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2080350433/blades-in-the-dark/description)
- Celtic dice Bronze-infused stainless steel with visible print lines and rough feel. http://www.shapeways.com/product/4ULHM67SD/celtic-dice-set ,
- Lankhmar to be produced by Goodman Games.
- Gaming Hoopla April 24-26 http://www.gaminghoopla.com
- Primetime Adventures kickstarter.