It’s our 50th episode! We talk about tabletop rpg players, a surprise and listener well wishes.
Episode 50 Show Agenda
Episode 50 – Good Players
Sponsored by DarkTheatre.net
Patreon has launched!! Consider a kind contribution to the show and be a Complete BS’er!
Greyedout Productions – Head over to www.etsy.com/shop/greyedout and use the GAMINGANDBS promo code to get a 10% discount on your order!
Topic of Discussion
What makes for a good table top rpg player?
As a GM:
- What skills do you want your rpg players to have?
- “get into their role”
- Know the world
- Be engaging with the other players at the table
- Understand that fun is everyone’s responsibility and not just the GMs
- What level of rules mastery do you expect?
- Eventually enough that it’s not disruptive to the game.
- Do you as GM mind coaching and helping players?
- Tips, tools, tricks for this
- Do you ever lean on other players to fill this role for you?
As a rpg player:
- What skill(s) do you need to work on?
- The idea of moving the game forward, not a skill I need to work on but something everyone should keep in mind.
- Being engaged and involved with what everyone else is doing even when I’m not a part of the action. (I get bored)
- This is the mirror of what Focal Point talks about for GM’s
- Be a good guest
- Show up on time
- Be prepared
- Engage other players
- Dont make a mess, and clean up when you are done
- Make sure others are having fun
- Be a good character in the story
- Make moves that makes the story more interesting
- Spotlight other players with your actions
- Have a plan for where your character is going in the campaign (goals, wishes, etc)
- Give your GM something to hook you with or hang a story on (no lone wolves)
- Be a good team member
- Pay attention
- Know all the rules surrounding your character
- Know what you are going to do on your turn
- Collaborate with the table
- Don’t break safety, piss people off, etc
- Help out with some of the other jobs at the table (initiative, minis, etc)
- Be a good guest
- How are you developing and improving?
- Practice – I (Brett) am a player at the table more now than I have been in years
- Q&A with GM or other players
- Reading articles/books
Die Roll – 2-4 miscellaneous points of gaming or geekery we want to share with you.
- 2nd Ed AD&D core starting to show up at DriveThruRPG – http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/16868?src=DTRPGG+
- Aliens 5 to ignore 3 and Resurection – http://www.scified.com/site/alien5/michael-beihn-confirms-alien-5-will-ignore-alien-3-and-alien-resurrection
- Give credit to Mr. Star Wars – Wayne Humfleet. Dungeon Painter is web-based map design tool. VERY cool. Check it out. Nuff said. http://pyromancers.com/dungeon-painter-online/
- d20 Stained glass clock or lamp http://nerdapproved.com/gaming/d20-stained-glass-clock-and-lighting-for-your-dd-shrine/ …
- Carolina Game Tables Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1830353071/carolina-game-tables)
- Design Game Podcast (http://designgamespodcast.tumblr.com/)
- Into the Ninth World – Into the Night, Into the Deep, and Into the Outside, each an all-new 160-page hardcover supplement. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames/numenera-into-the-ninth-world?ref=users
- Star Wars Stuff: Mostly from D23 http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/32317/star-wars-d23-news-round-up
- Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow has been announced as the director for Star Wars: Episode IX
- Rian Johnson will direct Episode VIII – Looper
- The Rouge One Cast was announced with Donnie Yen, Honk Kong action Superstar and Alan Tudyk are in the film.
- And Disney also announced gigantic new Star Wars attractions for two U.S. theme parks: Disneyland in Anaheim, and Walt Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando. At 14 acres each, they will be Disney’s largest single-themed land expansions ever. Three pieces of concept art were released.
Each will include two signature attractions: a new Star Wars planet which puts guests into a battle between the First Order and the Resistance, and a Millennium Falcon experience in which guests take the controls on a customized secret mission.
- That killer poster of Rey, Kylo Ren, Finn, and Han