Weirdness in roleplaying games. How weird is too weird? Guest Alex Kammer of Gamehole Con joins us.
Episode 51 Show Agenda
Sponsored by DarkTheatre.net
Thank you to everyone for listening to our BS up to episode 50! Shout outs to those that left audio well-wishes. In no particular order: Kevin Knealy, Roger Brasslet, Kevthuhlu, Casey McKenzie, Joe Cwik, Kristian Serrano & Ron Blessing, Nathan Panke, Willow & Tim, Chris D, and Mr. Dice Bag himself Michael Althauser!
Update from the Gamehole…Alex Kammer, Director, Gamehole Con!
Random Encounter – emails, voice mails, social media from listeners
Mr Star Wars, Wayne Humfleet writes Episode 48: How to make a D&D movie.
Scott Disemvowel emails
Greyedout Productions use promo code GAMINGANDBS to receive 10% discount http://greyedout.etsy.com
Topic of Discussion
What level of weirdness do you have your games, and what’s your limit?
- Examples of weirdness – adventures and systems
- Lamentations of the Flame Princess
- OSR can be big on this
- Expedition to Barrier Peaks
- Do you like/use weirdness? Do you have a limit for it?
- Mutant Crawl Classics, scifi for Dungeon Crawl Classics (DCC) http://www.goodman-games.com/6200preview.html
Die Roll – 2-4 miscellaneous points of gaming or geekery we want to share with you.
- Played Talisman with my sons and I won in less than 8 hour.
- Oldest boy beat me at The Duke.
- Deniable RPG Shane Freeman, BS’er brought this to our attention. Mark Knights did a review.http://rpgknights.com/deniable-the-review/ A game of unwitting spies tempted by easy money on drivethru http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/153877/Deniable?affiliate_id=691203 .…
- Found this one on G+ via Brannon Hollingsworth shared from source ML Banner. Part 1, book launch planning. https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Mlbanner/posts/Wjzg1oum6ee
- The top 10 most shameful rpg dice. there is a fine line between dice being “special” and dice being “stupid.” Here now are ten of the dumbest dice ever constructed for role-playing games. http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/04/the_10_most_shameful_rpg_dice.php
- D&D is booming…online found via Mr. Star Wars on G+. article on Polygon.com “It’s been almost a year since the Player’s Handbook launched, and over a year for the Starter Set,” Mearls told Polygon, “and we’re definitely ahead of projections.” PHB is in its 4th printing. http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/20/9172559/dungeons-dragons-dnd-4th-edition-one-year-later-twitch-youtube
- Is the “Conpocalypse” Nigh? Post on EnWorld http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?2842-Is-the-Conpocalypse-Nigh#.VdukGyurJjV
- Ernie Gygax Hobby Shop Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1709227718/ernest-gary-gygax-jrs-marmoreal-tomb-campaign-star