Some rpg systems have skills list for player characters. Examples of these are 3.x and 5th edition Dungeons and Dragons, GURPS, Champions, Basic Role-Playing, and quite a few more. Whereas there are some older games as well as some modern OSR-based games that do not have skills inherently built into the system. Non-skill based systems abstract it out through the use of ability checks or even using character backgrounds – something Dungeon Crawl Classics does. We talk our preference.
Want to run games under our Banner at Gamehole? Submissions are open! So let us know what you’d like to run.
Brett is going to Origins in June
Old School Encounter Contest! Partnership with Hobbs and Friends of the OSR
Alex – session zero
Roger Brasslett shares Rick Stump’s method of starting his 2e campaign.
Curtis Takahashi poses a question on G+
Matt Martinez on G+ ponders player-facing die rolls.
George suggests a topic around villains.
- Death row inmate eats entire bible for last meal
- Bermuda Triangle – Ship Reappears 90 Years Later
- Friend of the show Eli Kurtz Blackwood Setting for Savage Worlds (His KS is supposed to be live on 5/2/17)
- Tim Jensen, from Vice, At this Danish School, LARPing is the Future of Education
- Brian Kreuzinger, Crew of WWI sub claimed they were attacked by a sea monster – now the wreck has been found!
- Andy Hall tells us about The plan to ‘reawaken’ cryogenically frozen brains and transplant them into someone else’s skull
[shadowbox]This show brought to you by fans of the show, like you. Support the show. Become a patron![/shadowbox]