Gear can play a unique role in your rpg. You’re equipped with a horse, to carry your stuff. You hire a pleeb to carry your loot, but how do you really handle these things in your rpg. Inspired by a question posed to The Dungeon Bastard at Gamehole Con 2015, we touch on the subject.
Gear in roleplaying games may incude a ten foot pole, bag of flower, pouch of marbles and more. How do you handle gear in your rpg.
Episode 52 Show Agenda
Gamehole attendees flying in for con. If you give me a heads up AND are flying into Madison, I will try to pick you up and take you to hotel. Let us know.
Patreon is live and THANK YOU to everyone who’s involved!
Random Encounter – emails, voice mails, social media from listeners
Voice mail from Joe
Ep 051 Weirdness – Nathan Panke
Greyedout Productions – head over to http://greyedout.etsy.com use promo code GAMINGANDBS to get 10% off your order
Topic of Discussion
How does mundane and exceptional/magic gear impact your game?
- Social status
- Maintenance of gear
- Do you track *all* the gear you carry?
- Do you “mark off” every arrow or other item you use?
- How often does your mundane gear ever come into play?
- Less magic in the horde
Die Roll – 2-4 miscellaneous points of gaming or geekery we want to share with you.
- Evercon is coming! http://evercon.org/
- MM’s ep 171 – Teamwork was an interesting breakdown of the goals and issues with the teamwork mechanic
- Bermuda Triangle Ship Reapears (Yeah, it’s a fake article and all but it’s good inspiration for gaming) – http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/bermuda-triangle-ship-reappears-90-years-after-going-missing/
- Lost Tunnels Under Liverpool – http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150902-the-lost-tunnels-of-liverpool
- NEW (Northeast Wisconsin) Game formerly Oshcon – Oct 9-11 in Oshkosh, WI …http://newgameapalooza.com/newgame2015-pre-order-store-and-gamemaster-registration-are-now-open/
- Hasbro contest, design a party board game http://hasbrogaminglab.com
Closing/outro – List Patrons
This episode of Gaming and BS brought to you by utter BS’ers Kevthuhlu, Joe, and Jeff. Consider supporting our show via our account on Patreon.