Technology at the gaming table, what do you allow? Laptops ok or are they a distraction? “Hey man, can you put away your cell phone for a second. It’s your turn.”
Episode 14 Show Outline
Guest Chad Knight joins us to talk about EverCon.org. tech at the table, Die Roll, and Skill Check!
Poll results – How many cons do you attend?
Website: 75% 2-3, 25% 1-2
Google Plus: 80% 1-2, 10% only 1, 10% 4+
Facebook: 100% 1-2
Guest – Chad Knight talks about EverCon (http://evercon.org)
Topic of Discussion – Technology at the Table
What types of tech do you allow, encourage, tolerate at the table?
Why do you allow/tolerate it?
- Apps (dice, character sheets, etc)
What tech don’t you allow and why?
What about projectors or LCD TV’s turned into high-tech gaming table?
Word from our sponsor
Greyedout Productions, makers of fine dice bags. Visit: http://greyedout.etsy.com and use promo code: GAMINGANDBS to receive 10% off your order.
- Last game for 2014 for my group
- Space Hulk Deal!
- Pathfinder Unchained – could be cool (http://paizo.com/products/btpy97vo?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Pathfinder-Unchained-Hardcover)
- Gamers Behaving Badly a venture of Chris Hussey https://plus.google.com/+ChrisHussey/posts check it out: http://www.tabletalesseries.com/index.php/archives/category/gamers-behaving-badly
- One Book Shelf owner of DriveThruRPG removes item. Posted only on G+? https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DriveThruRPG/posts/RjNqnw6yn8q
Skill Check – Chad performs skill check!
GM or Player?
- Fighter? Magic User? Thief? Cleric?
- PC Death – great for story? please don’t kill my guy?
- Rules lawyer? power gamer? ac TOR?
- Rule zero or “I’m a player and I have equal rights!”
- Favorite rpg?