Player character backgrounds in roleplaying games, how do you handle them? Do you incorporate them into your story? Brett and Sean share their thoughts.
Episode 26 Show Agenda
Intro including music – DarkTheatre.net Home of the Character Folio
Volunteer for ACD’s Games Day. Go here for more details.
Greyed Out Dice Bag Ad
Thanks to Chris Hussey for shout out on his site TableTalesSeries.com: http://www.tabletalesseries.com/index.php/stuff-chris-loves
Topic of Discussion
As a GM
- How much effort do you expect character creation?
- What do you like to see?
- How much control (e.g. limitations on class, race, etc) do you impose on your players?
- What do you forget to use in game?
As a Player
- How much effort do you put into your character creation?
- personality and history
- long and short term goals
- Are there any bits of your character that you “always seem to forget?”
- How much work do you expect the GM to put into helping you develop your character?
- Something each session?
- certain goals you assume should be brought to some sort of close?
- GenCon – I’m going, shall we meet up?
- Free to view HPL movies (http://lovecraftzine.com/2015/03/06/some-really-great-lovecraftian-movies-that-are-free-to-watch/)
- Lost Ralph Bakshi LotR footage found – http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/22/5536430/ralph-bakshi-son-discovers-lost-footage-1978-lord-of-the-rings
- Fantasy Flight Games is hiring https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/3/5/fantasy-flight-games-is-now-hiring-2015-03-05/
- OSR Today features Map Monday by Monkey Blood Design – free maps: http://osrtoday.com/author/monkeyblooddesign/
- Matt Jackson Maps: http://www.msjx.org/
- Savage Worlds combat flow chart: Link to thread: https://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33050&sid=e9300987ecffa6102e563c8d090fdafcLink to PDF http://www.andrewgronosky.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/SavageWorldsCombatFlowChart.pdf
- Rocketbook: Cloud-Integrated Microwavable Notebook https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rocketbook-cloud-integrated-microwavable-notebook
Rogue Warrior by Richard Marcinko