Evil games, or allowing your players to play evil characters. According to Sean, all players are evil. Well, to some degree. Many people may say that alignment/good/evil are all relative. Have you ran an evil group of player characters through adventures? What pitfalls or triumphs have you experienced? Maybe you’re vehemently against being involved in an evil-based rpg. Let us know!
Roleplaying game classes, there are rpg systems that involve classes for their player characters. Examples include fighter, magic-user, thief, etc. Dungeons and Dragons and respective derivatives are ones that lead the way with player character classes. Other systems, like Basic Roleplaying, GURPS or Savage Worlds are more generic. In those games you typically build your player character using a concept the player chooses and you use points to build them into what you want versus placing them in a specific bucket. While we don’t get into each game, we do bring about discussion around both. What’s your take?
Generating player characters, it can be done together or solo. How do you do it? What makes sense or does it matter?
Episode 37 Show Agenda
Intro – Sponsored by DarkTheatre.net
From the Gamehole!
Tom Valley, friend of Gamehole Con is looking for people to help run D&D Adventurers League at Gamehole in November. Contact him directly if you’re interested via email: email@example.com
Badge registration for the upper Midwest’s largest tabletop gaming convention opens on Saturday, June 27 at noon CST. Also, get VIG passes are something to consider. Linky: https://www.gameholecon.com/attend
Ed Greenwood Out for GenCon and Gamehole, due to understandable personal reasons. Alex Kammer, Director of Gamehole says: “We are keeping him listed as a guest as he has told me that he still wants to come. We will see if anything changes over the next few months.”
Random Encounter – emails, voice mails, social media from listeners
Zave (https://plus.google.com/u/0/113985467531225411004/about) writes about episode 35, Out of Print RPGs (https://gamingandbs.com/035/)
Nathan Panke comments on episode 31 Bards are for Roleplaying (https://gamingandbs.com/031) on G+ (https://plus.google.com/b/102903036211520314167/+NathanPanke/about)
Greyedout Productions. Buy a dicebag and use promo code GAMINGANDBS to receive 10% off your order.
Topic of Discussion
- build ‘em at the game
- build ‘em before the game
- suck with what you build? mods after?
Die Roll – 2-4 miscellaneous points of gaming or geekery we want to share with you.
- BPRD Training Camp – http://trackerspdx.com/youth/summer-camp/day/hellboy-camp.php
- Pelgrane Press $3 voucher – Until June, you can use the following code to get $3 off on your purchase: HKCDY6M9 (once per person)
- Played some Once Upon a Time with my kids today http://www.atlas-games.com/ouat3/
- Phil V talks Dead Games in his Gnome Stew article: http://www.gnomestew.com/gming-advice/gming-dead-games/
- BLMA Blog by Lee Hadley (G+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/114034527712452500406/about) – miniatures website, was impressed with his smoke markers http://www.blmablog.com/2015/05/more-smoke-markers.html . http://www.blmablog.com,
- Aid for GURPS GURPS rōl-play site is an online character creator and campaign server. This is an online place to store the character sheets for when the players forget their printed sheets. It is very clean and intuitive and free to use. The most recent updates were a while ago, but it appears this is because there hasn’t been the need for updates lately. If you’re a GURPS player or GM, please check this site out. It’s quite nice. (story: http://waveyourgeekflag.blogspot.com/2015/05/gurps-rol-play-site.html) tool: http://gurps4.rol-play.com/logmein.php
- Fury Road have you pumped, check out Atomic Highway 2010 Ennie Nominee! http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/70124/Atomic-Highway–Post-Apocalyptic-Roleplaying