We talk old school renaissance. You might know it as OSR. We also address listener comments and die roll!
Episode 38 Show Agenda
Intro – Sponsored by DarkTheatre.net
Random Encounter – emails, voice mails, social media from listeners
Eric Bontz comments on G+ regarding ep 14 tech at the gaming table.
Chris Sneizak, Chad Knight, Kevin Lovecraft and Victor Wyatt all weigh in on episode 37 where we covered creating player characters at the table, collaboratively or not.
Greyedout Productions. Buy a dicebag and use promo code GAMINGANDBS to receive 10% off your order.
Topic of Discussion
- What is it? Is this simply the style of play (rulings v rules)?
- Why should I play a clone if I’ve got access to the original game?
- A game like DCC – what sets it apart?
Die Roll – 2-4 miscellaneous points of gaming or geekery we want to share with you.
- Blowing Up the Movies by Robin Laws http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/149742/Blowing-Up-the-Movies
- Warhammer 40k and the Military http://www.slate.com/articles/life/gaming/2012/09/warhammer_40k_why_american_troops_love_to_play_a_game_featuring_orks_necrons_and_space_marines_.html
- Ecosystem Generator. Original blog (http://rememberdismove.blogspot.co.nz/2015/05/ecosystem-generator_26.html) links to app: http://henrycjc.com/nico.cgi , table derivitive https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kx-p4bbbNcWTi_J7OQtkXUuvvAor6MXCNMzKGi62BFs/edit
- Steampunk Cthulhu has been nominated in the Best of the Independent eBook Awards! http://www.chaosium.com/blog/steampunk-cthulhu-has-been-nominated-in-the-best-of-the-independent-ebook-awards/
- Bram Stoker http://horror.org/awards/stokers.htm , http://www.chaosium.com/blog/bram-stoker-award-congratulations/
- Brent Newhall The Old School Renaissance Handbook profiles 28 popular old-school systems, http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/109631/Old-School-Renaissance-Handbook?affiliate_id=691203