Do you do any improvisation as a player or game master in your roleplaying games? We talk about it on this episode.
Episode 41 Show Agenda
Sponsored by DarkTheatre.net
Happy belated Father’s Day to all the gamer dads out there!
Sean Rant = Free RPG Day
Wil Wheaton – Producer under the bus
Random Encounter – emails, voice mails, social media from listeners
Roger from G+ comments on ep 40
Chris Sneziak from Misdirected Mark podcast on G+ comments on ep 40
From Matt Martinez comments on the blog re: Ep 38 OSR
Greyedout Productions. Buy a dicebag and use promo code GAMINGANDBS to receive 10% off your order.
Topic of Discussion
How Improv are you as a GM and/or Player?
- What does Improv mean to you?
- Fast paced
- Action focused
- Reactions to players feels less scripted
- Loss of continuity/consistency
- Plot can feel disjointed or nonsensical
- Lack of goals or direction
- How do you Improv?
- As a player
- As a GM
- Engine Publishing: http://www.enginepublishing.com
- Unframed: The Art of Improvisation http://www.enginepublishing.com/unframed-the-art-of-improvisation-for-game-masters
Die Roll – 2-4 miscellaneous points of gaming or geekery we want to share with you.
- Gaming weekend done but another one coming up!
- Mark Diaz Truman’s patreon e-zine FATE Codex. The Fate Codex is a mostly-monthly e-zine featuring Essays, Systems, Quick Start Adventures and more for the Fate roleplaying system. https://www.patreon.com/Trumonz?ty=h
- Can You Make Money By Roleplaying? is a seven-part series that explores if it is possible to make money with your roleplaying passion. Many gamers dream of publishing their own setting or system, creating a blog that the world adores, or simply earning money by actually playing games. But are those goals realistic and can you really make money by roleplaying?by RPG Alchemy. #5 in a 7 part series http://www.rpgalchemy.com/can-you-make-money-by-roleplaying-top-companies-and-earners/
- One Monk Miniatures, paper standees for games. http://www.onemonk.com/index.html came across the paper cut outs for Star Trek. Free! http://www.onemonk.com/guest-dl.html