This week we talk about the Dungeon Crawl Classics (DCC) role-playing game by Goodman Games. We ask Jen Brinkman, from Spellburn and Sanctum Secorum podcasts, to help us explain the rules and mechanics of this cool fantasy-based rpg. Inspired by the original Appendix N, DCC is a game that makes it clear that adventuring is dangerous, things are far away, and magic is mysterious and full of danger. In this episode we cover the funky, Zocchi dice – dice chain, save mechanics, armor class, ability scores, the funnel and race as class.
We field feedback from Mark Dawson (email), Zac Corbin (Facebook), and Jim Fitzpatrick (email)!
- Purple Sorcerer Games app The Crawler’s Companion and other awesome DCC stuff
- Three Cheers for Master card game
- The Curse of Strahd due March 15th
- How to run a DCC RPG Tournament Funnel
- Spellburn podcast
- Dungeon Crawl Classics G+ Community
- Dungeon Crawl Classics home on the web
- CRAWL! a DCC fan zine
[shadowbox]Thank you to our patrons to include Joe Cwik, Kevin Lovecraft, new patron Tony Baker, and other BS’ers[/shadowbox]
Subscribe to the podcast so you won’t miss episode 72 where we’ll cover part 2 of Goodman Games’ Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG and our guest of honor, Jen Brinkman from the Spellburn podcast will be back! (or so she says)