Roleplaying games are about discovery and some of that includes some type of investigation. Sure, there are games that have mechanics that help facilitate an investigative game, Gumshoe by Pelgrane Press is just one, but what about the games that don’t have investigation at its core? There is the ‘investigation’ skill in D&D 5e, but what if the player fails their role? The game can come to a screeching halt. Maybe you need another method for the group to obtain the lead. Sometimes we game masters just need to give the players what they need and make it VERY obvious.
Don’t forget to mark your calendar for BS’ing with Friends on February 20th at noon cdt.
Chris Shorb leaves us a voice mail to mention sandbox, epic, but not railroad.
Bruce Covington is running games at UK Game Expo 2016. Join his game or stop and say ‘ello.
Mark ‘Archivist’ Dawson expresses his opinion on Class vs Classless RPGs.
Moe Tousignant comments on G+ on holidays in RPGs
Cory W. emails us about class vs classless
FATE-ful Mike writes us as well.
- 5 new Ghostbusters pics released.
- Pandemic and Cthulhu board game.
- (from Bruce Cunnington on G+) Now we know where the Misdirected Mark guys dump all their copper pieces –
- 50% Off Firefly RPG on DTRGP the month of Feb
- Black Hack KS
- Green Ronin provides a bit of insight into Blue Rose
- Paizo Con 2016 guest of honor announcement
- Michael Pitt lands villain role in Ghost in the Shell movie
- Apocalypse World 2nd Edition Kickstarter
[shadowbox]This show brought to you by fans of the show, like you. Support the show. Become a patron![/shadowbox]
Subscribe on iTunes or Android so you don’t miss our next episode when we talk about the Gumshoe system by Pelgrane Press.