Counting coup in rpgs, it stems from an old tradition of the Native Americans. In roleplaying games it can be considered a different way to handle combat. It doesn’t always have to be ‘to the death’! What if a nonplayer character needs the party to do some bidding, yet they still need to convey their superiority to the not-so-humble player characters. Perhaps a duel is in order, but points are used. And there’s something to be said if a character in your rpg has inflicted multiple scars to that one nemesis in a way that bestows humiliation and dishonor upon that foe. How would you consider using counting coup to spice up your rpg combat encounters?
Bad roleplaying game stores get our blood pressure up, but it’s because we want them to thrive. Let us know why your game store rocks via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 929.BIG.DICE and leave us a message!
Episode 11 Show Outline
Announcements – updates to website, news, events, links, etc
Sponsor: Greyed Out Productions. https://www.etsy.com/shop/greyedout Use promo code: GAMINGANDBS and get 10% off your order!
Random Encounter – misc rants
What kind of ASSHOLE knocks over a guys motorcycle?!? I want that guy’s head on a pike.
Message – messages from audience via email, G+ community or Twitter
Topics of Discussion – Girth of the show, links, blurb, references, etc.
WARNING to Listeners – Sean is totally gonna lose his shit in this episode
- Benefits to local game store
- meet other gamers
- order stuff
- support local economy – employs people, etc
- promotes the hobby
- may be able to purchase something on the spot to include impulse buys
- What makes a good game store
- good inventory – define ‘good’
- friendly & knowledgeable staff
- clean store
- good communication
- loyalty programs
- makes use of social media
- What makes a bad game store
- crappy customer service
- shit inventory
- dirty game store – garbage, signs done in MS word using word art.
- What challenges do game stores have in today’s market
- publishers selling direct
- too many products
- staffing – specifically events
- Saw a bear this trip – seems I’m upgrading from wolves?
- Get to have one last gaming session with my group before the end of the year -never easy to get this last one in but we’ve got it on the calendar!
- Ken Hite’s Dracula Dossier for Night’s Black Agents is going strong on KS (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1721105501/the-dracula-dossier) – this is one KS I’m thinking of putting mone into as I’m confident they will deliver a solid product.
- Thanksgiving is my favorite family holiday. Hope all the US listeners have a good holiday!
- Stan Shin – 5e rules summary in both landscape and portrait formats https://plus.google.com/+StanShinn/posts/eso3h2RCKpq,
- Fantasy Flight merges with Asmodee Group http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=5212