Starting the rpg campaign takes some previous thought. How much depends on a few things, what you’re going to play and how you’ll approach your players are just two thing to consider. There is quite a bit of social contract, knowledge gathering and dissemination of information. Players are going to want to know the type of campaign you’re going to run. What system are you, as the game master, going to use? As a GM, what do you want the players to know before everyone sits at the table and the plot begins….to thicken. Certainly a topic that could span hours of discussion, we talk about it in this episode.
We talk about alignment, primarily in D&D/fantasy roleplaying games. How do you handle alignment in your game?
Intro including music
Sean submitted event for GaryCon.com in March. Running One Minute to Midnight, a Spycraft d20 scenario.
Brett will be at EverCon.org next weekend and is all set to go.
Random Encounter – messages from audience via email, G+ community or Twitter
Had a few folks chime in on G+ and the website about props.
Josh W. writes: I’m enjoying the podcast and I see that iTunes has episodes 7-16 available. What does a guy need to do to hear the first six episodes?
Two little bits of feedback:
1) the intro and outro music is time consuming and I find I skip it pretty much every time. I want to listen to B & S bs about gaming, not some music track.
2) I grew up in northern Minnesota and I’m digging the slight north woods accents that come through, particularly while Brett talks about hunting.
Topics of Discussion – Alignment
- Other systems
- What does it help with?
- What does it get in the way of?
- How “strong” do you use alignments in your games?
- Adventurers are insane…
Die Roll – 2-4 misc points we want to bring up at end of cast. Should be short and sweet, could be a plug, something to check out, etc. Limited time to spout off.
- Got my copy of Hobbit Tales – think I’ll bring it to EverCon and give it a try if I have time (Cubicle 7 Entertainment makes it)
- Got a new (used) vehicle and a free iPad Air with it so now my youngest son has an iPad and the first new thing he asked for was a copy of the OSRIC rules
- Geekscapes 2014 https://plus.google.com/110706667354365952462/posts/W4xe4wTJUtL
- 2014 Good Gift Games – The Morning News http://www.themorningnews.org/article/the-2014-good-gift-games
- Why play games online when you join in at a board gaming cafe – The Guardian http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/dec/13/night-out-board-game-cafe-better-gaming-online-alone
- Grimtooths Traps Kickstarter: 17k goal surpassed in 5 hours, now at 38k https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1409961192/grimtooths-ultimate-traps-collection